Welcome to SpiritFunder, a crowdfunding tool that harnesses the energy and enthusiasm of alumni, friends, students, faculty, and staff to make a collective impact on our community.
How does it work?
Projects featured on SpiritFunder come directly from WKU students, groups, and faculty who are looking for more opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve.
Even small gifts can make a huge difference. Choose the projects that matter most to you, contribute what you can afford, and help recruit others. Support your passion!
I have an idea!
Whether through research, community outreach, entrepreneurship, or student projects, crowdfunding is a way to get your big idea in front of the world. Here are a few things to consider before submitting your idea for crowdfunding:
- Passion for WKU
- Clearly defined project goals that offer solutions to a genuine need
- Modest entry-level goals that are attainable, typically between $2,000-$10,000
- Concise project time frame, usually 30 days
- Strong network of supporters and advocates
- Two to five project advocates with at least 100 contacts each (recommended)
- A creative communication plan that reaches beyond the WKU community
- Dedicated project leader who:
- Is available one to two hours a day to work on the project
- Can provide a minimum of eight updates throughout the project
- Can create engaging video content
- Can thank supporters in a timely manner
- Will share the impact of the project with the donors
What we can raise funds for:
- The Forensics Team traveling to compete at nationals.
- A new piece of equipment for research
- Memorial scholarship funds
- A study abroad trip for a cohort of students
SpiritFunder cannot be used to raise funds for:
- Faculty or staff salaries
- Money for tuition
- Projects created with the purpose of raising profits
Ok, I’m ready. What’s next?
To apply for a crowdfunding project, contact Heather McWhorter or Jenny Pyle at SpiritFunder@wku.edu. Once your idea has been approved, you will be asked to submit an application. Your application will be reviewed, and you will receive a follow up email within five business days of your initial application. Please provide as much information as possible to demonstrate why your project will be a success.
Each project is evaluated based on project requirements, objectives, and overall viability. A project may be recommended for launch, delayed for possible revisions, or turned down if it does not meet the criteria needed to be successful. The highest administrative authority within the project administrative area must approve all projects.
Online Giving Policies
Our goal at WKU is to make your contribution experience a hassle free and expedient process. If you have any questions about the policies below, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also reach us by phone at (270) 745-6921.
If you have made an error in making your donation or change your mind about contributing to WKU and its Foundations, we will honor your request for a refund made within 15 business days of your donation. To request a refund, call (270) 745-6921.
Refunds are returned using the original method of payment. If you made your donation by credit card, your refund will be credited to the credit card used for the donation.
Financial Information You Choose to Provide
If you choose to make an online donation to WKU, you will have to provide your credit card billing information. As this information is collected and transferred over the internet to our secure server, it is encrypted using SSL, the industry standard security technology that is designed to protect sensitive information. If you are making a recurring donation, we encrypt your credit card number and store it in our secure database. Your credit card information is used only to process donations and will never be used for any other purposes. To cancel your recurring donation, please contact email@example.com.
WKU respects and protects your privacy. WKU will never sell or rent your personal information to other individuals or companies. With your permission, you may be listed as a Donor in WKU newsletters and other publications. If you wish to make your donation anonymously, WKU will not publish your name.
We thank you for your support and we would love to hear your feedback. Please email us with your questions and comments anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org.